As we get closer to spring, frequenters of the Marian University campus will start to see significant progress on Alumni Hall, the new 18,500-square-foot student center being built along Cold Spring Road, just north of the Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library.
Construction has moved from the foundation of the building to the framing of it. Most of the steel is already in place, including what will be the bookstore, food court, and Starbucks Café. These are the first steps in enclosing the building, which is set to open in the fall of this year.
Alumni Hall will serve as the family room of the university, providing a place for alumni, students, faculty, and staff to gather. This facility will provide greater opportunities for community building throughout the university in addition to providing Marian University alumni a visible “home” on campus.
Building features include:
- Open concept design using a curtain wall of windows to look out onto the center of campus
- Food court will house a Papa Johns and grill option
- Full Starbucks Café along the west end of the building
- New location for the campus bookstore
- Large living room providing a variety of seating options and small group discussion areas and can be converted to a banquet hall that holds just over 300 people
- Front, side, and back terrace areas providing outdoor seating and gathering areas
- Three small nooks with screens and computer hookups to provide small group collaboration areas
To keep up with the progress of Alumni Hall, follow @MUProjects1
on Twitter or visit the website at www.marian.edu/alumnihall.