Authorization and accreditation
Marian University is designated an approved post-secondary educational institution by the State of Indiana. Marian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- The Fred S. Klipsch Educators College is accredited by NCATE.
- Marian's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice programs at Marian University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- The Marian University Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA) program is also accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068-4001, 847-655-1160.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice FNP and CRNA programs enroll only BSN students from an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or CCNE accredited program, who meet all admission criteria annually.
- The Master of Science in Counseling program is designed to meet the core competency standards of CACREP and MPCAC. The curriculum of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling track prepares students to apply for the initial Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC-A) credential in the state of Indiana. The curriculum of the School Counseling track is approved by the Indiana Department of Education and prepares students to apply for the initial K-12 school counseling credential in the state of Indiana. Any student planning to relocate to another state after completion of the program can seek guidance from the Program Director, Penelope Asay, PhD, ABPP, HSPP (email@example.com) and should consult with that state’s licensing board.
- The Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) granted full accreditation to the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine. COCA's next site visit is scheduled for 2024.
- The Byrum School of Business at Marian University - Indianapolis has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs, click here.
- Other academic programs are approved by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, and the Indiana State Board of Nurses' Registration and Nursing Education.
Student financial assistance
Marian University Cohort Default Rates:
- FY2017: 5.8
- FY2016: 4.9
- FY2015: 5.1
Student loan disclosure information
- If a Marian University student borrows a federal student loan and/or the parent of a Marian University student borrows a federal parent loan, Marian University will submit loan information to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) which is accessible by guarantee agencies, lenders, loan servicers, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
College of Osteopathic Medicine median debt and cohort default rate information
For the graduating class of 2018, the average borrower had a principal balance of $206,008 and the overall for all graduates was $197,076.
The College of Osteopathic Medicine 2015 fiscal year cohort default rate is 0.0 percent.
Marian University is required to provide the following information annually by September 1. The information listed below was provided by Marian's servicer, Tuition Management Systems (TMS), based on student enrollment data provided to them by
The applicable statute (§§ 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(A), (f)(4)(iv)(A), § 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(B), (f)(4)(iv)(B)) contains the following information: "No later than September 1, 2018, and then 60 days following the most recently completed
award year thereafter, [an institution must] disclose conspicuously on its Web site in a format to be published by the Department: the total consideration, monetary and non-monetary, paid or received by the parties under the terms of the
contract; the number of students who had active financial accounts under the contract at any time during the most recently completed award year; and the mean and median of the actual costs incurred by those active account holders."
2019 data for Marian University’s prepaid card program:
- Total number of students with a prepaid card that were enrolled during the award year: 29
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $15.46
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $10.00
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund Program: $6,769.50
If you have questions about the information listed above, please contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.955.6020.
Veteran and military student information
Marian University is committed to supporting students who are or were members of the military services and their families.
Marian University certifies the following veteran benefits: Chapter 33 Post-9/11, Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 35, Chapter 35, 1606, 1607, and VA Voc Rehab.
Marian University also certifies eligibility for the following tuition assistance programs:
- Tuition assistance through GoArmy: Complete an application at https://www.goarmyed.com/
- Tuition assistance through Navy College Program: Complete an application at http://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
- Tuition assistance through the Air Force Virtual Education Center: Begin your application at https://www.my.af.mil/
Once your tuition assistance application has been approved, Marian will submit an invoice to the appropriate program. The Business Office handles all tuition assistance invoicing, please visit Marian's GI Benefits webpage to view contact information for the student accounts manager.
Leighton School of Nursing Compliance
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Education regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v) the LSON acknowledges:
- The BSN pre-licensure curriculum meets state educational requirements for professional licensure in Indiana, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
- The DNP APRN program curriculum meets state educational requirements for professional licensure/certification in Indiana.
- The institution has yet to determine whether the curriculum meets the pre-licensure or APRN licensure/certification for any other state.
Additionally, all students are considered to be located in the state where the student’s educational program takes place (IN, OK, or TN) at the time of initial enrollment in clinical nursing education. Students are considered to be located in that state throughout the duration of their clinical education due to required in-person clinical components of their education.
Any student planning to relocate to another state after completion of the program can seek guidance from Dr. Laurie Peters, Coordinator for Accreditation, Logistics and Program Assessment, (email@example.com) to determine whether the curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure/certification in that state.
The University will continue its work in verifying the suitability for licensure in all other states and will provide updates to this list accordingly.
College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) Compliance
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Education regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v) MU-COM, accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), acknowledges:
- The curriculum of MU-COM meets the educational requirements for a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree, recognized by all states as the required D.O. degree for licensure.
Any student planning to relocate to another state after completion of the program can seek guidance from the Assistant Registrar for MU-COM, Jennifer Whitson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for documentation of
the D.O. degree or the Sr Advisor to the Interim Sr Vice President of Health Professions, Elizabeth Petsche (email@example.com) to determine whether the curriculum meets the educational requirements for
licensure/certification in that state.
Students may make a complaint to the Indiana Commission of Higher Education