Authorization and accreditation
Marian University is designated an approved post-secondary educational institution by the State of Indiana. Marian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Student financial assistance
Student loan disclosure information
- If a Marian University student borrows a federal student loan and/or the parent of a Marian University student borrows a federal parent loan, Marian University will submit loan information to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) which is accessible by guarantee agencies, lenders, loan servicers, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
College of Osteopathic Medicine median debt and cohort default rate information
For the graduating class of 2018, the average borrower had a principal balance of $206,008 and the overall for all graduates was $197,076.
The College of Osteopathic Medicine 2015 fiscal year cohort default rate is 0.0 percent.
Marian University is required to provide the following information annually by September 1. The information listed below was provided by Marian's servicer, Tuition Management Systems (TMS), based on student enrollment data provided to them by Marian University.
The applicable statute (§§ 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(A), (f)(4)(iv)(A), § 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(B), (f)(4)(iv)(B)) contains the following information: "No later than September 1, 2018, and then 60 days following the most recently completed award year thereafter, [an institution must] disclose conspicuously on its Web site in a format to be published by the Department: the total consideration, monetary and non-monetary, paid or received by the parties under the terms of the contract; the number of students who had active financial accounts under the contract at any time during the most recently completed award year; and the mean and median of the actual costs incurred by those active account holders."
2018 data for Marian University’s prepaid card program:
- Total number of students with a prepaid card that were enrolled during the award year: 53
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $16.69
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $14.75
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund Program: $6,226.00
If you have questions about the information listed above, please contact the Business Office at email@example.com or 317.955.6020.
Veteran and military student information
Marian University is committed to supporting students who are or were members of the military services and their families.
Marian University certifies the following veteran benefits: Chapter 33 Post-9/11, Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 35, Chapter 35, 1606, 1607, and VA Voc Rehab.
Marian University also certifies eligibility for the following tuition assistance programs:
Once your tuition assistance application has been approved, Marian will submit an invoice to the appropriate program. The Business Office handles all tuition assistance invoicing, please visit Marian's GI Benefits webpage to view contact information for the student accounts manager.