Marian University Healthcare Camp
This one-week day camp is a hands-on, high-tech, and interactive experience for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in learning more about the healthcare professions. This immersive experience will explore the
careers in the healthcare and medical fields and give participants a glimpse of what a day as a healthcare professional might be like.
- Interact with Marian University medical and nursing students, faculty, and clinical partners.
- Perform actual procedures in a medical simulation lab.
- Learn how to splint broken bones.
- Learn the science of sports performance.
- Practice medical research.
The first step in the process of attending the MU Healthcare Camp is submitting an application. The application consists of 4 steps:
- Fill out all the information about yourself and your high school.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, teacher, principal, coach or other trusted mentor.
- Submit your high school transcript.
- Submit your responses to the essay questions.
You can access the Healthcare Camp Application here.
The application is due by Wednesday, March 15, 2023
. This will allow us to fully review all applications and notify applicants of their acceptance.
The cost of attendance is $100. This cost includes lunch, snacks, one overnight stay in a residence hall with dinner, all camp materials, and more!
After a student has been accepted to the Healthcare Camp, an email will be sent regarding next steps and payment.
Yes. Financial assistance is available for students in need. Please, email Elena Bolin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications for the Tom and Julie Wood Family Foundation Scholarships will only be accepted from June 10-November 1, 2023. Check back at that time to apply and submit the required documents by the November 1 deadline.
This scholarship opportunity is for students who attend the Marian University Healthcare Summer Camp and display a strong commitment to pursuing a healthcare career. Scholarships for the Fall 2023 cohort have already been selected. Students who attend this year's summer camp during their junior year will be the first set eligible to be considered for the Fall 2024 cohort. Students who attend this year's summer camp during their sophomore year will be the first set eligible to be considered for the Fall 2025 cohort. Seniors attending this year's summer camp will be placed on an alternate list and be considered after Juniors and Sophomores.
To be eligible for this scholarship opportunity, you must complete the following requirements detailed below:
- The first preference for the Wood Scholarship is given to those who have participated in the MU Healthcare Summer Camp. Students who did not participate in the Healthcare Summer Camp but are pursuing a healthcare profession will also be considered.
- Wood Scholars must commit to a healthcare career.
- Wood Scholars must remain in good academic standing and receive a 2.0 G.P.A. or higher in every course and maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8.
- Wood Scholars are required to participate in mentoring and advising programs for middle and high school students through the Health Professions Pathway Programs (campus tours, career fairs, participate in student panels, and healthcare camp).
To apply for one of Marian University's Tom Wood Family Foundation Scholarships, your resume and essay can be uploaded to an online form between June 10 and November 1, 2023. Below are the requirements for both the resume and essay:
- The assigned essay prompt: Describe how the Healthcare Camp impacted your awareness and perspective of healthcare professions and how this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals. Essays must be double-spaced and should not exceed 500 words.
- Resumes must be one page, single-sided, and are an opportunity for you to tell us about your academic and extracurricular accomplishments. We invite candidates to utilize online resources for building a resume available through The Exchange—Marian University’s career development office.
Based on the level of interest in one of these scholarships, interviews may be required to make the final selection.
The deadline to submit your resume and essay is November 1, 2023!
Both the essay and resume must be submitted no later than November 1, 2023. Both documents should be saved either through Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF with the candidate’s first and last name, i.e., “Knightro’s Resume” and “Knightro’s Essay.”
Scholarship recipients will be notified as soon as the selection is made. If you are not selected for one of these scholarships, you will still be eligible for other Marian University scholarships and awards.
If selected as a scholarship recipient, you are joining a select cohort of students who are passionate about the health professions. For questions about the application process or the requirements to maintain the Tom and Julie Wood Family Foundation Scholarship, contact Elena Bolin, director of Health Professions Pathway Programs, at (317) 478-6641 or email@example.com.