Handshake is your resource for finding on-campus employment, connecting with employers across the country, and for your career needs in developing resumes, interview practice, career discernment, and much more. Log into Handshake to create your profile and to schedule an appointment with The Exchange staff.
The university does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting in Handshake does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. While employers requesting access to Handshake at Marian University are vetted extensively, the university explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The university is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.
If students have questions or concerns regarding an employer/job posting please bring it to the attention of The Exchange staff.
Ready to apply?
Discover tips on cover letters, resumes, interviews, and other great strategies needed when submitting an application. The Exchange offers mock interviews, job fair preparation, and resume reviews to all students and alumni.
Visit The Exchange for support and feedback!
Need more help on your resume or cover letter? Schedule an appointment with a member of The Exchange staff, for one-to-one feedback, job search support, networking strategy, or a mock interview.
To make the most of your appointment with The Exchange, the following will help you to prepare:
How to Prepare for an Exchange appointment
- For document reviews (resumes, cover letters, personal statements, etc.) please email The Exchange or your counselor a digital copy of your document at least 24 hours prior to the appointment to give the counselor time to prepare feedback.
- If you do not have a resume or cover letter, visit the Applying for Jobs page on our website for video tutorials and guides.
- For a mock interview, please send your resume, cover letter, and/or a job listing of the position to which you are applying or a position of interest in advance of your appointment.
What to bring to an Exchange appointment
- Pen and notebook with a list of any questions you have regarding job search, applying for positions, deciding upon a major/career, expanding your personal network, etc.
- For a LinkedIn portrait or mock interview, make sure you come professionally dressed. If you do not have a business outfit, please schedule an appointment to peruse our lending closet, Dress to Impress.
It's never too early to discuss your career aspirations and to update your resume. We are here to support students and alumni in their diverse career paths.