2023 New Student Orientation Schedules
Summer orientation schedules
2023 One-day Orientation Schedule
- Programming will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for one-day programs.
2023 Two-Day Orientation Schedule
- Day 1 programming will begin at 9 a.m. and run through the evening for students. Family programming on day 1 will conclude around 4 p.m.
- Day 2 programming will run from about 8 a.m. to noon.
2023 Virtual Orientation Schedule
- Programming will take place from 1 pm to 4:30 p.m.
- Closer to the program date, we will send you a schedule with active links to join.
*Please note, these schedule are samples meant to give a general idea of what your orientation will look like. You will receive a finalized schedule for your program via email the week prior to your orientation.
What can you expect at orientation?
There are a variety of sessions and activities that acclimate you to Marian and help you build connections with faculty, staff, and other new students. You will:
- Attend information sessions to learn more about paying for college, living on campus, and more.
- Get familiar with student resources and meet key Marian staff members at our resource fair.
- Learn what it takes to excel in college classrooms and meet some of our favorite professors during faculty connection sessions.
- Meet your orientation leader, a current MU student who is your orientation leader and who will serve as your first-year mentor.
- Have lunch with current students, families, faculty, and staff in the Dining Commons.
- Connect with your program's dean and faculty from your major. Learn more about your degree program during college breakout sessions.
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for fall classes.
- Learn about Marian history, traditions, and grow school spirit. Go Knights!
What can you expect during the two-day orientation program?
Take a deeper dive into life at Marian and complete activities like these:
- Discover and discuss challenging situations faced by many college students. Learn how to tackle these hurdles with confidence during College 101.
- Enjoy a cookout at the amphitheater while you make connections with fellow classmates.
- Compete with your orientation group and get to know all of the hidden secrets and MU traditions during the First Year Faceoff Scavenger Hunt.
- There's no better way to wrap up a long day than with games, music, dancing, s'mores, beach volleyball, and meeting new people at Knights @ Night.
- Stay overnight in a residence hall, and get a feel for what its like to live on campus.