Marian University is more than just a place to earn a degree—it’s a place that will change your life and your world. Visit us and see for yourself what we have to offer!
It's not easy, but you're not alone.
- Earning a degree at Marian is challenging. Classes are rigorous. You'll work hard and dig deep. But with a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio, you'll take classes from faculty (not teaching assistants) who encourage and support you every step of the way.
- Our curriculum includes hands-on, high-impact learning experiences in every undergraduate or graduate course you take.
- Take part in academic research, working with faculty who are experts in their fields. Present your work at research conferences and publish your findings in scholarly journals.
It goes beyond academics.
- What you learn outside the classroom is important. Marian's business students, for example, work with local businesses and nonprofit groups to solve real business challenges. Education majors complete field experiences in which they work with children of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Travel is a great teacher. Taking a study-abroad course or completing an international internship will give you a broad global perspective that's needed for career success, no matter what degree you pursue.
- Find opportunities to serve others at Marian. You can mentor a local child living in poverty, help revitalize local greenways and abandoned properties, and travel on "alternative" break trips to work in under-served communities in places like Appalachia, Puerto Rico, and Guatemala.
You'll become a leader.
- More than 50 percent of Marian undergraduates are active in at least one student organization. Groups like the Student Government Association, Model United Nations, Campus Ministry, Student Nurses Association, and the Engineering & Technology Club are just a few choices. Serving as a Presidential Ambassador, orientation leader, or resident assistant are other possibilities.
- Take part in special programs and conferences designed to help you develop a strong understanding of leadership concepts and theories. They include thought-provoking activities to help you explore your personal leadership style.
- You'll meet alumni, civic leaders, business executives, and others who inspire you. They have started companies, worked as school leaders, and led congregations.
Explore your faith.
- We're proud to be the only Catholic university in Indianapolis. Our faith, heritage, and Franciscan values that include dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship influence all aspects of Marian's campus culture.
- Marian is where intellect meets integrity, and that integrity is reflected in how we teach you to succeed. We practice values students of all faiths, creeds, and nationalities appreciate. Values like embracing diverse perspectives, cultural values, and dreams. And values like making the world a better place through leadership and service.
- At Marian, you'll explore your beliefs while finding your life's work. Along the way, you'll find out what you're made of.
You'll be career-ready.
- Marian's Indianapolis location enables us to connect you with major employers in business sectors ranging from education to healthcare, the biosciences, pharmaceuticals, logistics and distribution, advanced manufacturing, technology, and many other industries.
- Because Marian University is connected with top business leaders, we can help you find great internship and other experiences that will get you where you want to go after graduation. We'll also provide you with job search, resume assistance, mock interviews, etiquette lessons, and more to prepare you for career success.
- In short, our academic, service, and co-curricular experiences prepare you for life after graduation. Not only will you be prepared for your chosen career, you'll also be prepared to lead.