He started his CRNA career in the Army serving four years active duty including one tour in Bosnia. After the Army, he worked in Kentucky for two years before moving to Indiana in 2004. He started an anesthesia company with his business partner and co-owner where he worked as chief of operations. Dr. Stelflug’s career has included working in different anesthesia care team models and independent practice. He enjoys all types of anesthesia with a preference for pediatric and regional anesthesia. He has served on medical missions to Guatemala and Haiti.
Dr. Stelflug has served on committees and on the board of the Indiana Association of Nurse Anesthetists including two terms as president. He last served as Chair of Professional Development. He also was elected to serve one year on the AANA’s Nominating Committee. He is a Friend for Life of the AANA Foundation.
On a personal note, Dr. Stelflug is married with 5 children. His oldest is a recent graduate of Marian University’s nursing program. Him and his wife have been foster parents for over 12 years. He is an avid runner and triathlete. He is active in promoting inclusion in sports with the group Ainsley’s Angels.
- Doctor of Anesthesia Practice: University of Michigan-Flint, 2018
- Master of Business Administration: Western Governors University, 2013
- Master of Science in Nursing: Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences, 1998
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Minnesota State University at Mankato, 1993
- Regional Anesthesia Group 2008-2019
- Wabash Valley Anesthesia Group 2004-2008
- Bowling Green Medical Center 2002-2004
- US Army 1998-2002
Area of expertise
- Anesthesia Pharmacology
- Anesthesia Simulation
- Medical Missions to Guatemala and Haiti