Information for Veterans
Marian University Thanks You For Your Service to Our Country!
GI Bill® programs that have been approved by the VA for use at Marian University
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill chapter 33. See link for more information, eligibility requirements and application. The Post 911 pays UP to $27,120.05 in tuition for the school year, fall 2023 through summer 2024 to those who are 100% eligible for the post 911 chapter 33*. See yellow ribbon information below. This amount renews and increases slightly each school year (fall) as long as you still have months of eligibility.
- The Montgomery GI Bill for active duty and select reserve personnel if eligible (chapter 30 and 1606). A monthly stipend is sent directly from the VA to those students who are eligible. See link for information and the application for benefits, form 22-1990.
- VR&E Veteran Readiness and Employment chapter 31.
Are you still unsure if you are eligible for VA education benefits or need additional information?
Child or spouse of a veteran programs
Possible education programs through the VA for which you may qualify and use at Marian:
- Educational assistance program for survivors and dependents of military personnel, Chapter 35 benefit for children/spouses of veterans (DEA) and the Fry Scholarship for children and spouses of service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. Link to the application, form 22-5490, and eligibility requirements at the link above. Stipend will be sent monthly from the VA directly to eligible students.
- Transfer of Post-9/11 to spouse or children: Information, eligibility requirements for veterans eligible for the post-9/11 GI Bill who want to see if they are eligible to transfer this benefit to their spouse or children through the Department of Defense. Children and spouses must apply themselves to use the GI Bill 22-1990e after the transfer is approved.
How to receive GI Bill benefits at Marian University
1. Apply for admission to Marian University as a degree-seeking student. NON-DEGREE students are NOT eligible to receive GI Bill benefits, per the VA policies without a guest letter from the school where they are degree seeking.
2. Once you have been fully admitted to Marian, complete the Marian application to use VA Education benefits. Please fill out completely and attach your GI Bill eligibility documents as instructed below.
- Go to the paperclip icon at the bottom of the form. Attach your certificate of eligibility or benefits statement certifying you have GI Bill from the VA as a PDF to the form. Then submit.
- If you are non-degree at Marian - also attach the guest letter from the school where you are degree seeking.
- NON-DEGREE students are NOT eligible to receive GI Bill benefits, per the VA policies, without a guest letter.
- NON-DEGREE students at Marian can ONLY receive payment for their non-degree classes if they submit a guest letter from the school where they are degree seeking.
- The letter must contain the classes you will take at Marian, including the course number and the semester you will take the classes. The letter MUST STATE YOU HAVE APPLIED AS DEGREE SEEKING at their institution, been admitted or admitted pending completion of our classes and state they have evaluated your credits and will accept our classes in transfer.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Marian is pleased to support eligible students with yellow ribbon funding. This program will pay up to an additional $16,000 ($8,000 each maximum from the VA and Marian University) beyond the $27,120.05 to students whose tuition exceeds this VA fall 2023 to summer 2024 school year maximum.
To be eligible for Yellow Ribbon Program, you must:
- Be 100% eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill chapter 33.
- Be a traditional undergraduate student seeking an associate or first bachelor degree at Marian. (Second bachelor degree, (ABSN), graduate students, non-degree and MAP online students are not eligible for yellow ribbon).
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
For More Information
We are here to help. If you need assistance or have questions after reviewing this information, please email us at email@example.com. Also see more information here. (Please include in your email; your full name, VA program you are using, if you are the veteran or dependent, months and percentage of eligibility for post 911 if known.