To apply for the Art and Design Talent Scholarship, you should meet these criteria. Please note: ALL scholarship submissions are due by December 1.
- Have completed the Marian University admissions application process and been admitted in good standing.
- Possess strong potential for academic success.
- Plan to major in visual and creative arts.
- Commit to an educational experience framed within the context of Marian University's Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship.
Your scholarship application should include these materials.
- Essay: A one-page printed essay on why you want to major in visual and creative arts at Marian University.
- Image list: A separate image list document should accompany your visual portfolio and essay. It should include:
- Your name
- Title of artwork
- Dimensions of work
- Digital portfolio: Ten (10) digital images (approx. 1024 x 768, 72 dpi) of your recent original works. No duplicates or derivatives of works by other artists will be accepted.
- Our preferred method for receiving your digital portfolio is. pdf and/or .jpg files emailed to the address below. Your portfolio may be comprised of individual files grouped into one folder that is then compressed and saved as a .zip file. Or your essay, image list, and portfolio images can be compiled into one document and then saved as a .pdf.
- An alternate method is for you to submit your work on a CD or flash drive. If you would want your CD or flash drive returned to you, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with sufficient return postage.
Please send your materials to:
Department of Art Design Talent Award Application
ATTN: Professor Kevin Rudynski, Chair
3200 Cold Spring Road
Indianapolis, IN 46222-1997