Master class series interest form
- Click here if you are interested in our master class series titled "Teaching with Canvas." We'll also notify you when a new series is available.
These are examples of workshops available through the Center for Teaching and Learning. Ask us about customized workshops for specific departments or groups.
Overview of Canvas: This 60-minute presentation illustrates best practices in the use of Canvas to support learning, including organization and presentation of course materials, use of integrated tools such as discussions, quizzes, and assignment, and course management strategies.
Teaching with Canvas: This series of master classes provides you with the knowledge, experience, and confidence you need to design, develop, and teach Canvas courses effectively. It is highly encouraged for those teaching an online course and extremely useful for those teaching face-to-face and blended classes.
- Master Class I: Effective Course Design: Learn best practices in learning theory to design and structure your course to help your students succeed. The outcome is a fully developed design document outlining the various aspects of your course.
- Master Class II: Developing Courses for Learning: Operationalize your course design document using evidence-based techniques and practices. The outcome is three fully developed content modules within Canvas.
- Master Class III: Facilitating Learning: Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage your course within Canvas, regardless of course format. The outcome is the confidence to effectively utilize the tools available in Canvas to provide an engaging learning environment for your students.
Lunch and Learn Workshops: These workshops are informal discussions around a topic. Participants are encouraged to bring their lunch and share in the discussion. The topics change frequently based on available research, resources, and requests.
Ideas that Work Workshops: The topics for these workshops continue to change as research and evidence becomes available on best practices in pedagogy, andragogy, instructional design, assessment, and learning theories. Examples of some workshop titles are listed below; other topics are available by request:
- Designing Effective Objective Exams
- Creating Transparent Assignments
- Guaranteeing Students are Mastering Course Content
- Flipping Instruction to Maximize Instructional Time
Tools for Teaching Workshops: These workshops focus on how to leverage various tools and technologies in enhance teaching and learning. Example of workshop topics are below. Other topics are available by request:
- Sharing Content through Video
- Designing Effective Surveys
- Formatting Documents in Word
- Personalized Emails through Mail Merge