Housing application for new students
Please review our campus housing policy to learn more about the requirements for living on or off campus. To apply for campus housing, follow these steps.
Step One: Complete your application
- Click here for our housing application. You will be directed to eRezLife, which operates best in Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari web browsers.
- Once signed in, you will first need to fill out the required profile information.
- After inputting the profile information, use the menu to navigate to the 2020-21 on-campus application
- Complete and submit your new student application. If you do not complete the application in one sitting, you can save and return later using previously entered information.
- You will receive an email instructing you how to pay your $125 housing deposit. Your application cannot be processed until your deposit is made. This deposit remains in your account as a refundable housing damage fee each year.
- After completing the new student application, you may also complete the 2020-21 Learning Community Application to live in one of our learning communities: the Alverna Community, the Peace and Justice Community, and the Honors and Engineering Community.
Step Two (optional): Create a roommate group
- After you complete your application, on the left side of the screen, click Roommate Groups.
- Click the link to create a new roommate group. Give the group a name, and add roommates using their Marian email addresses. You must have the exact email address that is listed in their eRezLife application, they must have completed an application for 2020-2021, and they must be the same gender.
- Click save.
- Once the roommate group is created, all group members must select the specific group as “my choice” to pull one another into a room or suite during room selection
Triple rooms, single rooms, and room assignments
If you would like to be considered for a triple room at a reduced cost, please note that on your application. Students may be placed in a triple room regardless of preference.
A limited number of single rooms are available for students who need medical accommodations. Please indicate a request for a medical single room on your application and send via fax to (317) 955-6346 or mail medical documentation to:
Residential and Commuter Life
3200 Cold Spring Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46222
You will receive your housing assignment (building, room number, roommate’s name, etc.) based on when you submit your application and pay your housing deposit. Your assignment will be sent to the email address with which you activated your eRezLife account. On-campus housing applicants will be assigned to rooms as follows:
- Applications received before May 1 will be assigned before May 31.
- Applications received before June 1 will be assigned before June 30.
- Applications received before July 1 will be assigned before July 15.
- Applications received after July 1 will be assigned on a rolling basis.