Experience Business Day
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
R.S.V.P. by October 9, 2019
It’s not about textbooks, lectures, or exams anymore. Our innovative hands-on approach is designed to develop key skills and build your resume from your very first day on campus. You’ll work in teams that interact with business people and solve relevant problems. Whether it is building leadership skills outside with your class or running your own on-campus business, the Byrum School of Business is Where Business Happens.
Let us introduce you to our new way of learning about business. Attend Experience Business Day
to learn more.
What is Experience Business Day?
In the morning session, you will learn what it’s like to be a student in the Byrum School of Business.
• Hear from the Dean about our exceptional academic programs and the many opportunities available to our students.
• Experience our ‘learning by doing’ approach as you engage in a fun business design activity.
• Spend time in a classroom interacting with current students as they create their own on-campus businesses.
• Tour our brand new, expansive business school to see how our latest technology supports you in and out of the classroom.
If you are a parent, we’ll host a separate session about college admission and financial aid. You’ll have free time to check messages and explore campus, then join the group for lunch.
The optional afternoon session provides plenty of time to meet with business faculty to learn more about programs of interest, or spend time exploring campus life.
Why should you attend?
As you explore your college options, you may not know which questions to ask. Experience Business Day will give you the information you need to learn how we prepare you to succeed in business by actually doing business.
If you're thinking about majoring in business in college, learn more about Marian's focus on experiential learning, which teaches you how to succeed in business
by actually doing business.
- Byrum School of Business students interact with top Indianapolis business leaders to work on real projects, develop professional skills, and gain hands-on experience.
- You will develop business plans, run a campus business, manage an investment fund, work on consulting teams, participate in regional and national advertising competitions, and complete at least one student internship.
- We offer high-impact learning experiences and bachelor's degree programs in:
— Business analytics
We also offer a full range of academic minors and concentrations, like business in sports, entrepreneurship, human resources management, and professional selling, among
Register and reserve your spot today!
- Register at marian.edu/EventDaySignUp by Friday, October 9 to reserve your spot.
- We'll send you more details about locations and parking once we know you plan to attend. Dress is casual.
- If you need information, call (317) 955-6300, (800) 772-7264, or email@example.com.
Agenda for Experience Business Day
|9-9:30 a.m. ||Check-in |
|9:30-10 a.m. ||Dean's Welcome |
|10-11 a.m.||Hands-On Business Design Activity|
| 10:15-11:45 a.m.||Parent Information Sessions|
| 11 a.m.-Noon ||Business Class Observation|
| Noon||Tour of the Paul J. Norman Center|
| 12:30 p.m.||Lunch in the Dining Commons|
| 1 p.m.||Optional campus tour|
| Afternoon||Optional Individual Appointments with Business Faculty |
The day will conclude after lunch unless you plan to meet with faculty.