What to Bring for Orientation
- Cell phone and charger - Posting New Student Orientation selfies to your Snapchat story, tweeting about how much you love your new school, and adding contact information for all your new friends will drain your battery! Don't forget to bring your charger, especially if you're staying overnight.
- Dress for the weather - We don’t want you to be caught out in the rain, so bringing an umbrella is always a good idea. Although it may be hot and sunny outside, it can get cold inside air conditioned buildings, so a light jacket or sweater won’t hurt either.
- Sunscreen - We'll spend most of the program indoors, but there will be some outdoor activities and time spent walking from building to building. If you burn easily, we recommend bringing sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes - Although Marian's campus is compact, you may walk between several buildings during orientation. And, if you are attending a two-day program, we bringing comfortable shoes.
- Questions - We recommend you start a list now with all the questions you have about Marian and bringing it to orientation. We want you to leave with all of your questions answered so you feel confident and ready to begin your college journey!
- A list of any dual-credit courses you're currently taking - If you were admitted to Marian in the fall, there's a good chance we're not yet aware of any dual-credit, AP, or transfer credit to took this past spring. We recommend listing out those courses or bringing an unofficial transcript to share with your academic advisor.
What to bring for two-day, overnight New Student Orientation programs
- A blanket, pillow, and sheets -The rooms come with some basic linens, but we recommend bringing your own pillow and blanket as well so you're comfortable.
- A change of clothes for day two.
- Comfortable clothes for evening activities and sleeping - If sand volleyball is your game, we highly recommend you bring some athletic wear.
- Toiletries, including toothbrush, toothpaste, glasses, contact solution, face wash, shampoo and shower products, a towel, and anything else you need to stay clean and comfortable.
- Any prescriptions or medications you may need.