What makes the Byrum School of Business different?
Our experiential approach to teaching and learning is less about textbooks, lectures, and exams—and more about preparing you for success by providing you with:
- Hands-on experience that comes from working directly with local business and civic leaders
- Proven career-ready skills that respected employers value
A few things that make our program unique.
In the Byrum School, you will get an impressive range of resume-worthy experience. You will graduate with demonstrated skills, like evaluating and solving accounting, business analytics, finance, management, and marketing challenges.
Small class sizes and a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio mean you’ll also get a high level of individual attention and mentoring from your professors. We'll encourage you to strive for and accomplish more than you ever thought possible.
- Build a personal plan of study. Are you drawn to the business of sports? Want to work for a high-tech start-up enterprise or start your own business? Become a CPA? Our expert advisors will help you create an academic plan that fits your unique interests and prepares you for a great career. With five business majors, six concentrations, and dozens of other majors and minors, you may want to pursue a double major or minor that will complement your business studies and make you even more marketable upon graduation.
- Learn by doing. You’ll complete three core significant business experiences or SBEs where you’ll work with local leaders to solve real business problems.
- Excel locally, regionally, and nationally. Students who are interested in logistics and supply chain management, for example, can participate in the Conexus Indiana Logistics Case Competition. If working in human resources is your focus, you can also compete in a human resource case competition. For careers in marketing and advertising, you can compete in the American Advertising Federation (AAF) National Student Advertising Competition, where Marian students have been top finishers for eight consecutive years. Our students were also gold and silver Addy Award winners in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
What you’ll learn at Marian University goes beyond academics.
- Get involved in campus life. Take advantage of short-term and semester-based study-abroad opportunities. Apply for our Honors Academy. Join a campus club or student group. Participate in national championship varsity athletics or join one of our intramural teams. Become a member of the dance team. Perform in a theatre production or our show choir. Make life better by serving those in need, both locally and globally. Grow spiritually and let our Franciscan values strengthen yours. Build skills and experiences that you can add to your resume.
- Serve as a leader in your profession and community. Our graduates start companies and work as managers, directors, and chief executives in settings ranging from nonprofit organizations to global corporations. They understand the value of hard work and embrace a Midwestern work ethic. And they transform the lives of others by serving those in need, whether in their own neighborhood or in nations around the world.