Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Business Analytics
When you pursue a Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics at Marian University, you’ll be prepared for a career in all areas of technology. Our graduates work in a range of industries including financial services, marketing, cybersecurity, supply chain management, healthcare, retail, mobile, cloud computing, and transportation. If you want a career in which you help organizations make strategic, forward-thinking decisions, earning a bachelor’s degree in business analytics at Marian University is an excellent choice.
Why choose a B.S. in business analytics at Marian?
As a Marian business analytics major, you will build skills required to thrive in today’s data-driven world. You’ll explore the implications of data for measuring performance, monitoring changing business conditions, improving competitive advantages, and increasing efficiency.
You’ll study techniques and best practices for:
- Descriptive analysis (gathering, organizing, and describing information)
- Predictive analysis (forecasting future trends and behaviors)
- Prescriptive analysis (recommending suggested courses of action)
Plus, 100% of our Business Analytics majors complete at least one internship.
- TechPoint: Marian students can apply for a paid TechPoint externships which includes housing in Indianapolis. Each year, 150 externships are offered by companies such as: Salesforce, Eli Lilly, Genesys, Cummins, OneAmerica, Raytheon Technologies, Anthem, and KAR Global. Another benefit of a TechPoint externship is the opportunity to network with 150 bright peers from the region.
- Graduate dual credit courses: Elect to take two online graduate business courses with Creighton University. Through our innovative partnership, you can complete 20% of your MBA during your senior year at Marian University.
Exceptional career outcomes
Increased technology usage has caused an explosion in job opportunities for graduates. Marian business analytics graduates have launched careers at Amazon, Alight Solutions, Genesys, Navion Healthcare Solutions.
What will you study?
To earn the 128-credit Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics degree at Marian University, you’ll complete general education courses which will develop your skills in communication, critical thinking, and creativity. You’ll also complete required core business courses in addition to required and elective courses for the business analytics major, such as:
- BUS 180: Introduction to Business Analytics
- CST 150: Introduction to Programming
- CST 171: Procedural Programming
- CST 270: Object-Oriented Programming
- MIS 310: Database Management Systems
- MIS 320: Business Decision Making
- MAT 322: Statistical Inference and Data Analysis I
- MAT 323: Statistical Inference and Data Analysis II
- MIS 330: Project Management
- BUS 344: Marketing Research
- BUS 350: Operations Management
- BUS 380: Applied Statistics and Data Visualization
- BUS 423: Data Mining for Business Analytics
For complete details, review our Undergraduate Course Catalog or download the sample four-year plan of study and checklist.
Sample four-year plan and checklist
What are your career paths?
According to the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in business analytics offer growth and good pay. Here are examples of careers you can pursue:
If you decide you want to earn an MBA or doctoral degree in business, you’ll graduate from Marian prepared to be a competitive candidate for admission to top graduate schools.