Society of Human Resource Management
Business majors, especially those who are completing the human resource management concentration, are encouraged to join the Marian student chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Membership provides you with opportunities to get involved in on- and off-campus events that will broaden your perspectives and give you deeper insight into the effective management of human capital and resources (i.e., people).
Activities prepare you for management careers and provide networking opportunities with the Indiana SHRM Council, like attending the HR Indiana Annual Conference.
- National membership dues are $40 per year for students.
- Benefits include access to online resources and tools, including education and career opportunities as well as print and digital publications, including HR Magazine, free webcasts, free online member communities, and discounts on SHRM events and educational offerings.
2018-19 student leaders:
- Cody Bauer, president
- Sarah Waitt, vice president, SHRM liasion
- Logan Glaze, vice president
- Madison Heffron, vice president, campus organization
- Maria Sunga, secretary
- Wes Stowers, social media
Visit shrm.org for details or contact Kathy Marra, faculty advisor, for information.