Join us for Nursing Knight at Marian:
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree?
If you are a high school junior who is thinking about a nursing career, join us for Nursing Knight at Marian. Learn more about what it means to be a nurse—and a Marian University Knight.
What is Nursing Knight at Marian?
This fun, informal event will give you more insight into the roles and responsibilities of registered nurses (RNs).
- Participate in two 20-minute nursing scenarios in our state-of-the-art nursing simulation center. Known as the "sim center," this space is designed to simulate real-world hospital settings.
- Led by expert faculty, the scenarios will focus on caring for patients experiencing two different health events: (1) Code blue ER scenario and (2) an expectant mother who is about to give birth.
- The "patients" you'll meet are high-fidelity patient simulation manikins used as teaching tools. The manikins look human and exhibit a range of vital signs and clinical symptoms.
Why should you attend?
Nursing is one of the world's most important, meaningful, and rewarding professions. But it is also fast-paced and requires RNs with the knowledge, skills, and experience to take appropriate actions.
- Not sure nursing is the right college major for you? If you aren't sure about a nursing career—or if you are undecided whether to choose nursing and/or another major—this interactive event can give you more insight.
- Meet and interact with Marian nursing faculty. Ask questions about the the curriculum, admission process, and clinical experiences.
- Explore what Marian University has to offer. See and experience our facilities, including a new Dining Commons and new indoor arena/convocation center, for yourself.
- Enjoy a complimentary dinner and basketball game on us. Watch the Lady Knights basketball team in action! The team won their second consecutive Crossroads League national championship in 2018.
Who should attend?
Nursing Knight at Marian is for high school juniors who are considering earning a BSN degree when they go to college.
You are welcome to bring your parents, a family member, or friend. Guests can watch your sim center experience from an observation room and then join you for dinner and the game.
Register and reserve your spot today!
You can arrive on campus starting at 5 p.m. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. Tip-off for the basketball game is at 7 p.m.
Can't stay for the entire game? Stick around until half-time or head home after dinner. Attendance at dinner and the basketball game is optional.
- Space is limited. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.