Transfer credit approval

All current Marian University students who wish to take one or more courses at another college or university must first obtain approval.

If you plan to take a transfer course, please answer these two questions:

  • Will these courses be a part of the LAST 30 credit hours you take before you graduate from Marian University? (*or for associate degree, last 15 credit hours)
  • Are any of the intended transfer courses a requirement for your major (not general education or elective)?

If the answer to BOTH of the above questions is NO, please proceed to Intent to Take a Course in Transfer.

If the answer to EITHER of the above questions is YES, please proceed to Transfer Course Approval and Residency Waiver.
Residency Requirement: In the bachelor degree programs, the last 12 credits in the major and the last 30 credits overall must be earned at Marian University, uninterrupted by any transfer work. In associate degree programs, the last 9 credits in the major and the last 15 credits overall must be earned at Marian University. If the courses you wish to take away from Marian University will fall within your last 30 hours toward your bachelor degree (or 15 toward associate), you must request a residency waiver from the Dean of Academic Affairs in addition to the normal approval process.

Consortium for Urban Education (CUE)
An alternative to transfer courses that is only available during the fall and spring semesters is the Consortium for Urban Education. Courses taken through CUE are seen as Marian University courses and do not violate the residency requirement. This program carries strict rules and deadlines. Please review the information provided here and visit the Office of the Registrar if you would like to register for a course through CUE.

CUE (Consortium for Urban Education) Cross-Registration Program Information

Studying healthcare in Chile
Pre-med student builds cultural competencies and awareness.
Watch Htoo's story
Interning at Delta Faucet
Marketing experience gives insight into corporate America.
Watch Dominic's story
Coming home to Indy
Award-winning transfer student is glad she made the switch.
Read Rachel's story