Commencement cap and gown rental
If you plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you must rent a Marian University cap and gown through Herff-Jones. The Marian University gowns are custom-made gowns with the university seal.
Order by April 6, 2020 for the discounted cost! Graduation regalia will be shipped directly to you within 2-3 weeks upon placing your order with Herff-Jones.
Click here to order now!
Student Regalia Fees
Discounted cost if ordered by April 6, 2020
Regular cost if ordered April 7-11, 2020
Late cost for bulk order purchase April 20-24, 2020
| Associate/bachelor's cap/gown/tassel
$68.50 + tax
$108.40 + tax
$133.40 + tax
| Master's cap/gown/tassel/hood
$96.65 + tax
$136.55 + tax
$161.55 + tax
| Doctoral tam/gown/tassel/hood
$114.20 + tax
$154.10 + tax
$179.10 + tax
Ordering information and policies
- All students participating in commencement must rent the Marian University cap and gown from Herff-Jones. Reference hooding section, below, for guest hooder ordering information (DO and DNP students only).
- It is in your best interest to order regalia by April 6, 2020 to pay the discounted cost and to receive your regalia in a timely manner.
- Graduation regalia will be shipped directly to students, from Herff-Jones, within 2-3 weeks upon submitting your order, to the shipping address provided on the order.
- If you do not order a cap and gown by April 11, 2020 contact the Office of the Registrar to obtain a "bulk
order purchase form", which can be taken to the Marian University Bookstore April 20-24, 2020 to purchase regalia from the bulk order shipment. Limited quantities and sizes available on a first come, first serve basis.
- If you have not arranged your cap and gown rental by April 24, 2020, you will not be able to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. This is a firm deadline.
Hooding information for DO and DNP Graduates
If you have selected a guest hooder (someone whose office is not in the Evans Center) for the Commencement Ceremony, you may rent regalia for your guest or they can wear their own personal regalia. If you will have a Marian University
faculty member hooding you, they will be responsible for their own regalia.
- Click on the "Graduation regalia for faculty, staff, and academic
hooding" link to submit orders for your guest hooder. DO NOT order regalia for your guest hooder on the student regalia link posted above.
- The deadline to order regalia for your guest hooder is April 6, 2020. This is a firm deadline, with NO exceptions. In the rare circumstance that you do not order by the deadline, you will need to work with Clint
Whitson, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs to arrange for a faculty hooder.
- Graduation regalia will be shipped directly from Herff-Jones, within 2-3 weeks upon submitting your order, to the shipping address provided on the order.
Returning rented regalia
- You will be able to return rented regalia to the Marian University Bookstore in Alumni Hall after the Commencement Ceremony. Students may keep their cap or tam and tassel.
Cancellation and refund policy
Once cap and gown rentals have been ordered and paid for, they are processed for shipment. .Instructions on how to return unused items within 30 days of purchase are included in the shipment package. You can contact Herff Jones Customer Service
at (800) 837-4235 with any questions.
A graduation fair will be held Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 1-5 p.m. outside of the Marian University bookstore in Alumni Hall.
- Graduates can order cap and gowns, announcements, class rings, and frames.
- A Herff-Jones representative will be available to answer questions.
- This will be the only opportunity you have to charge graduation items to your student account at the university. Present your Marian University student ID to charge graduation items to your account. All other orders made before or after
February 19 must be paid in full when placing the order.
If you are interested in purchasing your regalia vs. renting regalia, purchase orders must be completed using the MU
regalia purchase order form.
Submit order forms directly to Patrick Cavazos at Herff-Jones. Contact information for Patrick is located at the bottom of the order form.