Apply to Be a Resident Assistant (RA)
Join the Residential and Commuter Life (RCL) family!
Are you interested in gaining leadership experience and assisting students who live in one of our on-campus communities?.
- We seek students who are organized, ethical, flexible, responsible, calm under pressure, helpful, willing to learn, confident, passionate, and who want to create a positive learning environment for their peers.
Being an RA can provide you with skills in leadership, conflict resolution and mediation, time management, and creativity.
Resident Assistant Information Packet
How to apply
- The RA application will be available on October 30, 2020. Visit Handshake to apply. Upload your resume which will be reviewed by staff at The Exchange. Please allow two business days for your resume to be reviewed.
Must attend 1 RA Information Session (all held at 7:00pm via WebEx Meetings):
- Please attach your resume and answers to the essay questions to the Handshake application.
- You will be required to submit ONE letter of recommendation from a current or past Residential and Commuter Life staff member. The individual writing the recommendation for you should email their letter to email@example.com.
- You will also be required to sent a link (provided in RA Job Posting) to ONE individual (i.e., previous supervisor, Marian faculty/staff) who can speak on skills such a time management and relationship building, to name a few.
- Your application and all supporting materials MUST be submitted by 11:59 PM on Sunday, January 31, 2020.