Preparing for Orientation
To ensure you're fully prepared to make the most of New Student Orientation and accomplish all steps for enrollment, we ask you take some time prior to orientation to complete the following steps.
Find and write down your MU username and passwordShortly after you were admitted, you should have received two separate emails for our IT HelpDesk, one with containing your username and one with your password. If you did not receive these email, please check your junk mail and spam box of the email you used when applying. If you're still unable to find this message, please contact IT HelpDesk at (317) 955-6444 to access your account.
At Marian, you will use a single sign-on for multiple things on our campus including your MU email, Canvas, MUHUB, and more. Your Marian email address will be your username followed by @marian.edu.
Log into Canvas and complete the Pre-Advising Checklist
Canvas is our learning management software you will be using in your college courses. To help you navigate
your transition to college, we will be inviting you to our Orientation course via email about 3-4 weeks prior to orientation.
In the Canvas course, you will find multiple modules you can work through this summer to familiarize yourself with our campus community. Prior to orientation, we need you to complete the Pre-Advising Checklist, which contains the following steps;
- Complete all required placement testing.
- Log in to MUHUB to verify your emergency contact information.
- Complete the pre-advising form and your enrollment deposit.
- Submit your student ID photo online.
All of these steps need to be completed by the Friday prior to your orientation.
Additional Steps we Recommend
- Complete your online student health form.
- Marian's required student health form is available online. Complete and submit the form by Aug. 1, or by your January Orientation date for students starting in the spring.