Become an Orientation Leader
Apply to be an orientation leader during Marian's 2020 Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) summer programs! Join us at our fall activities fair and one of our three orientation leader call-out sessions, which will be held in the last week of October.
How do you apply?
The 2020 orientation leader application will go live November 1 and remain open until January 19.
To apply, you must submit your resume in response to the posting on Handshake AND complete a Qualtrics application.
The Qualtrics application includes four essay questions, which are each 250 words maximum. If you have not yet seen the essay questions, we recommend copying down the questions and then typing your essays in Word before starting this application. That way, you will be able to save, spell/grammar check, and use word count. Then when you're finished, come back and paste your responses into the application.
- Why would you like to become an Orientation Leader?
- What do you believe is the most important quality an Orientation Leader should posses?
- What makes you proud to be a Marian Knight?
- As an Orientation Leader, what are some things you will do to maintain professional relationships with your incoming students to ensure they see you as a mentor and not just a new friend?
As an orientation leader at Marian University, you will:
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills that will translate to your career.
- Add an amazing experience to your resume that you can talk about in job interviews.
- Have a ton of fun at SOAR, Welcome Week, the retreat, and staff training sessions.
- Meet and build strong connections with students, staff, and faculty.
- Meet the new incoming students, giving them a familiar face once they arrive back on campus.
- Get paid hourly, fed frequently, and receive some awesome Marian University swag!