Become an Orientation Leader
Apply to be an orientation leader during Marian's 2021 Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) summer programs! Find us at the activities fairs and join us for one of our orientation leader callout sessions in January to learn everything you'll need to know about the position and applying.
Join us at one of our Virtual Callout Meetings during the second week of classes this spring! This is where you'll learn everything you need to know about the position and applying. You only need to attend one callout meeting. The link to join will be provided at a later date.
- Monday, January 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 27 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 29 at 11:00 a.m.
Click here to join our callout meetings during one of the times listed.
How do I apply?
The 2021 orientation leader application will go live January 25 and remain open until 8:00 a.m. on February 22. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis throughout the month of February, so the earlier you apply, the earlier you can interview. Our team will be hired in early March.
To apply, you must complete the application AND submit your resume in response to the posting on Handshake. If you're not familiar with Handshake, we will share more at our callout meetings and can provide more guidance once you've submitted your application.
As an orientation leader at Marian University, you will:
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills that will translate to your career.
- Add an amazing experience to your resume that you can talk about in job interviews.
- Have a ton of fun at SOAR, Welcome Week, the retreat, and staff training sessions.
- Meet and build strong connections with students, staff, and faculty.
- Meet the new incoming students, giving them a familiar face once they arrive back on campus.
- Get paid, fed frequently, and receive some awesome Marian University swag!
2021 SOAR Dates
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 (Staff retreat)
- Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Thursday-Friday, June 10-11, 2021
- Thursday-Friday, June 24-25, 2021
- Thursday-Friday, July 15-16, 2021
- Thursday, August 19, 2021