Spring has officially sprung and construction of Alumni Hall, the new 18,500-square-foot student center being built along Cold Spring Road, just north of the Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library, is moving at warp speed.
Here’s a rundown of what’s happened in the last few weeks:
- Brick is up on two portions of the building.
- Work is underway on all of the roof-top units, including the necessary units for the HVAC system as well as kitchen exhausts and hoods.
- Slabs are being poured in the building
In the coming weeks, interior framing of walls will begin and work to finish the roof of the building.
Alumni Hall will serve as the family room of the university, providing a place for alumni, students, faculty, and staff to gather. This facility will provide greater opportunities for community building throughout the university in addition to providing Marian University alumni a visible “home” on campus.
Building features include:
- Open concept design using a curtain wall of windows to look out onto the center of campus
- Food court will house a Papa Johns and grill option
- Full Starbucks Café along the west end of the building
- New location for the campus bookstore
- Large living room providing a variety of seating options and small group discussion areas and can be converted to a banquet hall that holds just over 300 people
- Front, side, and back terrace areas providing outdoor seating and gathering areas
- Three small nooks with screens and computer hookups to provide small group collaboration areas
To keep up with the progress of Alumni Hall, follow @MUProjects1 on Twitter.