The Marian University 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship supplements federal and state grants to cover the full cost of tuition and related fees. The scholarship is awarded to up to 25 new students each year and is renewable for 7 semesters.
Ideal candidates for the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship demonstrate a strong record of social involvement in extracurricular activities and community service while committing to an educational experience within the context of Marian University’s Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship. These criteria are reflected in the candidate’s transcripts, academic scholarship application, and on-campus interview.
To help you navigate through the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship application process, follow these steps:
- Apply to Marian University and be accepted no later than October 15, 2016.
- Review the eligibility requirements for the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship.
- Incoming freshmen must have earned a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average (4.00 scale) during high school.
- For new entering transfer students: (12 or more earned college credits from a regionally accredited institution), have earned a minimum cumulative college or university grade point average of 3.00 (4.00 scale).
- Complete the essay responses on the application. Carefully review your responses to ensure that there are no grammatical mistakes.
- Submit your completed Marian University 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship Application by the October 15, 2016 deadline.
- Eligible candidates will participate in an on-campus interview with the Director of the 21st Century Scholars Program and/or other members of the scholarship committee.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Candidates not selected for a 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship will still receive a competitive financial aid package.