Commencement Cap and Gown Rental
Returning rented regalia
Undergraduate and graduate students
- Please return your rented gowns and hoods (graduate only) to the Marian University Bookstore in Alumni Hall. You may keep your cap and tassel.
- The bookstore will be open until 6 p.m. on Sunday May 6, 2018.
- You can also return your gown and/or hood to the bookstore by noon on Friday, May 11.
- The Marian University bookstore will be open Monday, May 8 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday, May 9 through Friday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- MU-COM students and hooders must return rented gowns and hoods. You may keep your cap or tam and tassel.
- A representative from the Marian University bookstore will be on site at the fairgrounds from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday May 6, 2018 to collect graduation regalia.
- You may also return your rented regalia to the Marian University Bookstore in Alumni Hall by noon on Friday, May 11.
- The bookstore will be open until 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 6 if you with to return your gown and any other regalia after the ceremony.
- The bookstore will be open Monday, May 8 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday May 9 through Friday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rental fees for 2018
2018 ordering information and policies
If you plan to participate in our Commencement Ceremony, you must rent a Marian University cap and gown through Herff-Jones. ORDER NOW!
Collect your graduation regalia from the Marian University Bookstore beginning Monday, April, 23, 2018 during published business hours.
Undergraduate and graduate students must return rented gowns and hoods (graduate only) to the bookstore representative on location following commencement on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
If you do not order a cap and gown by March 19, 2018 you may visit the Marian University Bookstore April 23-April 27 to purchase a bulk order cap and gown at the “not ordered by March 19” cost.
If you have not arranged your cap and gown rental by April 27, 2018, you will not be able to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Cancellation and refund policy
Once cap and gown rentals have been ordered and paid for, cancellations and refunds for the order can be done online through Herff-Jones until March 19, 2018 and at the Marian University bookstore March 20 through April 1, 2018.
No refunds will be given after April 1, 2018. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
A graduation fair will be held Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 1 to 5 p. m. outside of the Marian University bookstore in Alumni Hall.
- Graduates can order cap and gowns, announcements, class rings, and frames.
- A Herff-Jones representative will be available to answer questions.
- This will be the only opportunity you have to charge graduation items to their student accounts with the university. You must present your Marian University student ID to charge graduation items to your account. All other orders made online or with the bookstore before or after February 13 must be paid in full when placing the order.
Regalia for MU-COM graduates
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) graduates are required to rent or purchase graduation regalia.
- Purchase orders must be completed using the MU-COM Regalia Purchase Order Form. Submit order forms directly to Patrick Cavazos at Herff-Jones. Contact information for Patrick is located at the bottom of the order form.
MU-COM academic hooding
If you are an MU-COM graduate who will participate in the hooding portion of the commencement ceremony, you may wear your own personal regalia if you wish.