Courseload Engage - Documentation and FAQs
Marian University has partnered with Courseload, a content delivery platform provider, to afford digital course materials (eTexts and other resources) to students at a reduced cost. Courseload Engage content is delivered seamlessly through the Canvas learning management system. The Courseload Engage platform allows students to highlight, annotate, bookmark, search, and share notes.
For courses using Courseload Engage, the electronic textbooks are mandatory. Students interested in a hardbound textbook may consider purchasing a print on demand copy at their own expense. See the FAQ section for more information.
Click here to view a brief video overview of the student experience in Engage.
Courseload Engage will appear in all Canvas courses for which the instructor is utilizing eTextbooks. Instructors interested in utilizing eTextbooks in their course should contact Academic Technology Services (email@example.com).
Accessing Courseload Engage
If your instructor has elected to use Courseload Engage content, the Courseload eText tool will be enabled in your Canvas course. Simply select Courseload eText in the left navigation area. Courseload should log you in automatically. If it does not, you may need to adjust your browser cookie settings. Please review the FAQ section below for instructions.
Navigating Courseload Engage
If you are new to Courseload, we recommend that you view the Reading in Courseload Engage page to become acquainted with the different parts of the application.
Click here to access the Introduction to Courseload Engage video for instructors.
Want to know how to create highlights and notes, search in Courseload Engage, use materials offline with Courseload Engage, or review and filter notes? Click here to access the student video series.
Device and Browser Support
Students can use Courseload Engage on nearly any device with a supported web browser and access course materials from multiple devices, including Windows and Mac laptops, tablets and smartphones. Courseload does not support the Amazon Kindle/Fire, NOOK, or NOOK Color.
Courseload will support only the two most recent versions of all modern browsers. Presently, this includes the following browser versions:
- Google Chrome - Current version (updates automatically)
- Mozilla Firefox - Current version (updates automatically)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – Versions 10 and 11
- Apple Safari – Versions 7 and 8 (Safari on iOS - current version)
Under the current agreements with publishers, students can print up to 50 pages at a time to any printer or get a black and white, professionally bound Print on Demand (POD) version shipped to them (for an additional cost). Both the POD version and each individual page printed by the user are watermarked with information in order to identify the user and the institution.
Courseload Mobile Reader App
The Courseload Mobile Reader is currently available for Marian University students and faculty as part of an early adopter program. The Mobile Reader app is available to download for free from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. Once the app is installed, it must be linked to a Courseload account via a link code. To link your Courseload account, follow these steps:
- On your phone or tablet, download the Courseload Mobile Reader app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- On your PC or Mac, navigate to Courseload Engage, through Canvas.
- Click the Courseload Engage menu icon to open the main menu.
- Select Settings.
- On the Settings page, Click Get Authorization Code.
- Make a note of the code that appears since you will need to enter it to use the app and pay special attention to the letter “O” versus the number zero “0”.
- Within 10 minutes of receiving your authorization code, enter the authorization code into the Courseload Mobile Reader app on your phone or tablet.
- Once authorized, use the Get Materials button to download the book(s) for your course.
Unsupported Features in the Mobile Reader
Because the Mobile Reader is intended for reading and studying, some of the functionality that is available in the standard application is not available in the mobile app. These features include:
- Asking an instructor a question
- Seeing instructor and other students' notes
- Changing your sharing settings
- Printing/exporting notes
- Searching an outside site other than Google definitions
- Uploading content to your private folder
Additionally, you should know that the following functionality is not available in the Mobile Reader:
- Once you get the content, the copy on your mobile device becomes separate from the original version and from the copies on any other mobile devices, so notes and bookmarks you make in one version are not available to the other versions. If you repeat the processes of getting content for a device, the bookmarks, highlights, and notes you created previously for that content may be lost.
- Only your eTextbook is available through the Courseload Mobile Reader app. Additional materials that your instructor may have added can be accessed as usual through the browser-based application.
- Content that you get for your mobile device has an expiration date. Once the expiration date passes, you cannot use the content on the mobile device until you repeat the process of getting the content.
If you are unable to resolve your issue or question after reviewing the videos and FAQs on this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information (name and phone number), course number, textbook, and detailed information on the issue.
Before contacting Academic Technology Services, please read through the FAQs below for possible solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am using Internet Explorer and I am getting a login screen when I try to access my book.
Courseload should log you in automatically; if it does not, you need to change your browser’s cookie settings. Follow these instructions to enable third party cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Tools drop-down at the upper right (gear icon) and select Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Override automatic cookie handling.
- Click the radio button next to Accept under Third-party Cookies.
- Click OK to close each of the open dialog boxes.
I am using Google Chrome and I still cannot see my book.
Follow these instructions to configure Chrome to allow pop-ups from the Courseload site:
- Click the Chrome menu icon located at the top right of your screen, on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
- Scroll down to the Pop-ups section.
- You can enable all (Allow all sites to show pop-ups) or click Manage exceptions and add [*.]Courseload.com as an exception.
I am in Courseload Engage but cannot see my books for concluded courses.
Within the appropriate Canvas course, select the appropriate term by clicking on the drop down arrow (the upside down triangle) as indicated by the red arrow below.
How long do students have access to Courseload Engage eTexts?
The majority of the Courseload Engage content provided to Marian University students is accessible for a period of two years.
What is Print on Demand?
A Print on Demand (POD) copy is a black and white, softbound and individually watermarked copy of the textbook. Purchase price is determined by the length of the book. The POD version is shipped directly to your doorstep. Free shipping. Please allow 8-10 business days for delivery.