Marian University's Multicultural Center (MMCC), part of the Student Success & Engagement division, was created to further the university's vision and values.
- The MMCC’s goal is to develop and create stronger, more culturally competent transformative leaders in their service to the world. The MMCC is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion throughout campus, both in and out of the classroom, chapels, residence halls, offices, labs, as well as in the greater Indianapolis community.
- We practice Franciscan values, specifically dignity of the individual, peace and justice, responsible stewardship, and reconciliation. Engaging in diversity and multiculturalism requires a respectful, inclusive environment grounded in critical thinking and promotes interaction, communication, and collaboration. These aspects produce an environment of diversity and inclusion, which also promote social justice, and intensify the education and work experience by exposing and challenging us to consider the experiences and perspectives of others.
We welcome ALL students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members to the MMCC, while specifically supporting underrepresented populations as it relates to race, gender, sexuality, faith, ideology, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, and abilities.
Marian's Multicultural Center is located in Clare Hall on the east side of the first floor.
Previous Multicultural Programs from the MMCC
- Multicultural Meet & Greet
- Embracing Everyday Diversity with Speaker Justin Jones-Fosu
- A Night with the Davidsons: A Holocaust Survivor Story
- Co-sponsored trip to see the movie Black Panther
- Co-sponsored speaker series: Navigating Injustice in the Job/Internship Search from the lense of Race, LGBTQ+, and Disability
Want to get involved? Have an idea about making Marian more inclusive? We want to hear from you! Email Candace Luebbehusen.