Experience Business Day:
Business Plan Competition
Friday, February 23 | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
High school juniors, seniors, and parents are invited to learn more about the Byrum School of Business during Marian University's 2018 Experience Business Day.
What is Experience Business Day?
Let's start with what this interactive, competitive event is NOT—which is just another college visit. Instead, you'll actively brainstorm and partner with assigned team members to develop a unique business concept, simple business plan, and a presentation pitch to sell your idea to prospective "investors."
- Bring your laptop, because this is a working session. Your team will be paired with a Marian business professor and current business student who will guide and advise you in creating a business plan and presentation.
- Your team will be evaluated on how well you meet three key criteria: (1) define your proposed product or service, (2) define the audience and market for your proposed idea, and (3) explain why your idea will be successful given the target market you've identified. Other evaluation factors include feasibility and soundness of your business plan, potential return on investment, and quality of your presentation.
- Get get hands-on experience collaborating with your peers to develop a business idea, meet a tight deadline, and present your concept to a live audience.
If you are a parent, we'll host a separate session about college admission and financial aid. You'll join the group for lunch and have free time to check emails, answer phone calls, and explore campus before the presentations begin.
Why should you attend?
All members of the winning team will walk away with first-place prizes. Even if you don't win, however, you'll get great experience and insight about valuable professional skills like collaboration, meeting tight deadlines, and presenting your ideas to a live audience.
- Get get hands-on experience collaborating with your peers to develop a business idea.
- See our spacious new state-of-the-art business school located in the Paul J. Norman Center.
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch in our new campus dining facility.
- Explore our growing campus!
If you're thinking about majoring in business in college, learn more about Marian's focus on experiential learning, which teaches you how to succeed in business by actually doing business.
- Byrum School of Business students interact with top Indianapolis business leaders to work on real projects, develop professional skills, and gain hands-on experience.
- You will develop business plans, run a campus business, manage an investment fund, work on consulting teams, participate in regional and national advertising competitions, and complete at least one student internship.
- We offer high-impact learning experiences and bachelor's degree programs in:
— Business analytics
We also offer about a full range of academic minors and concentrations, like business in sports, entrepreneurship, and human resources management, among others.
Register and reserve your spot today!
- Register at marian.edu/EventDaySignUp by Friday, February 16 to reserve your spot.
- We'll send you more details about locations and parking once we know you plan to attend. Dress is casual.
- If you need information, call 317.955.6300, 800.772.7264, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|9 a.m. ||Check-in with light refreshments |
|9:30 a.m. ||Welcome |
|10 a.m. ||Groups Session #1 |
|11 a.m. ||Byrum School of Business presentation |
|11:30 a.m. ||Groups Session #2 |
|12:30 p.m. ||Lunch |
|2 p.m. ||Presentations (ten minutes per group) |
|3 p.m. ||Break |
|3:30 p.m. ||Awards and closing |
|3:45 p.m. ||Optional campus tour |