Health Insurance Policy
Marian University policy requires all international students have medical health insurance and evacuation/repatriation coverage.
- F-1 and J-1 students are required to have medical health insurance and evacuation/repatriation coverage each semester they are enrolled and while they are in the United States (for example, summer term).
- Marian University partners with LewerMark Student Insurance to provide insurance coverage to international students.
- ALL international students MUST have health insurance through LewerMark Student Insurance or have an approved waiver confirming alternative coverage that meets certain requirements.
- Your student account will be billed at the beginning of each semester by Marian University's Business Office. You can use your payment plan to pay health insurance fees.
Costs and Payment
The LewerMark student plan costs $115.95 per month. You are billed for fall coverage (August 1 to December 31) in your fall tuition bill and spring coverage (January 1 to May 31) in your spring tuition bill. You will also be charged for summer coverage (June 1 to July 31) unless you will not be in the United States in June and/or July and present proof of your travel with a booked itinerary and airline ticket.
You can pay health insurance fees using various methods of payment accepted by Marian University's Business Office, including payment plans.
Health Insurance Waiver
If you have another health insurance policy, you can apply for a waiver.
- A plan from your home country or a family member working for a U.S. employer with insurance is eligible.
- Waivers are not acceptable for individual plans purchased in the U.S. Short-term travel insurance or emergency care coverage only do not qualify for a waiver.
- Waivers for Fall classes must be submitted no later than August 15 to allow time for processing. Waivers for Spring classes must be submitted by January 8.
If you have an approved waver, the health insurance fees on your tuition bill will be removed.
Your alternative plan must have these benefits to be considered for a waiver:
Maximum benefit per injury or sickness of at least $500,000 (USD)
Deductible of $500 (USD) or less per accident/illness per year
Repatriation coverage of at least $25,000 (USD)*
Medical evacuation coverage of at least $50,000 (USD)*
No daily cap on a hospital stay
Coverage dates no less than June 1 to July 31 for summer coverage.
Download a waiver form here. You must (1) submit a complete, signed waiver form, (2) a copy of your insurance card, and (3) a copy of your insurance policy or a certificate of coverage in English.
*NOTE: If your alternative plan includes all of the above but does not have the necessary repatriation and evacuation coverage, you may purchase an insurance rider in order to meet the waiver requirements.