21st Century Scholar Full-Tuition Scholarship
The Marian University 21st Century Scholar Full-Tuition Scholarship provides an incredible opportunity for 21st Century Scholars by ensuring a quality collegiate educational experience. Funded through a combination of federal, state, and Marian University financial aid, each year we offer up to 25 scholarships are offered to deserving incoming 21st Century Scholars.
- Complete Marian University's admission application. You must be admitted to Marian University no later than October 15, 2017 to be eligible.
- Download and complete the 21st Century Scholar Full-Tuition Scholarship Application before October 15, 2017.
Eligible candidates will participate in an individual interview with the director of the 21st Century Scholars Program and other committee members.
Scholarships are awarded by the selection committee based on your record of achievement, potential contribution to Marian University, and potential to benefit from the program. These criteria are reflected in your transcripts, academic scholarship application, and on-campus interview.
If you are not selected for a 21st Century Scholar Full-Tuition Scholarship, you will still receive a competitive financial aid package from Marian University.
The 21st Century Scholar Full-Tuition Scholarship is renewable for seven consecutive semesters if you:
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 10 deadline.
- Update or fix errors to your FAFSA by the May 15 deadline.
- Enroll as a full-time student each semester.
- Maintain Indiana residency.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the university.
- Maintain credit completion requirements of 30-60-90-120.
- Have 30 or more credit hours completed on transcript by end of first year.
- Have 60 or more credit hours completed on transcript by end of second year.
- Have 90 or more credit hours completed on transcript by end of third year.
- Graduate by the end of your fourth year.
- Actively participate in the Mentor to Success Program.
- Attend at least one academic success seminar per semester.
- Attend at least one STARR or other community service session each semester.
- Attend at least one social outing with the Office of 21st Century Scholars each semester.
As an applicant, you must:
If you are a new entering freshman, you must:
- Have earned a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative grade point average (4.00 scale).
If you are a new entering transfer student, you must:
- Have at least 12 or more earned college credits from a regionally accredited institution with minimum cumulative college or university grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Demonstrate a record of strong social involvement in extracurricular activities and community service.
- Commit to an educational experience framed within the context of Marian University’s Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship.