Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Club has partnered with Walgreens Pharmacy to collect needed items for The Julian Center this November. The Julian Center is the largest domestic violence emergency shelter and family justice center in Indiana; it acts as a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and caters to their urgent needs.
Kelly Prindle, second year student in the college of osteopathic medicine and club president said, “The mission of our club is to help students learn and promote women's health. The Julian Center is as a safe haven for victims of domestic violence, they embody our mission of promoting women's health both physically and emotionally. As the holidays approach, we wanted to combine efforts with Walgreens to give back to a great organization that does just that, and we could not think of a better organization then the Julian Center.”
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Club are collecting both food and materials through November 26.
Collection boxes for the food drive portion of this effort can be found on Marian University’s campus in Alumni Hall, the Ruth Lilly Student Center, the Michael A. Evans Center, and the Mother Teresa Hackelmeir Memorial Library.
What should you donate?
Food Items: Boxed meals, canned beans, canned meats, cereal, crackers, canned fruit, juice, oatmeal, pasta, peanut butter, rice, canned soup, Spaghetti O’s, Ravioli, canned vegetables.
Women’s underwear, blankets, towels, wash cloths, pillows, twin sheet sets, adult bicycles, lotion, adult allergy, cold, and stomach medicines, body wash, deodorant, pre-paid cell phones, flash drives, unopened infant and baby toiletries, crib sheets and mattress covers, children’s clothing, shoes, underwear, and pajamas, along with batteries, calendars and planners, office supplies, umbrellas, and patio umbrellas.
Non-food items can be placed in donation boxes at 32 Walgreens Pharmacies around and right outside the city.
Your gifts help care for families forced to leave their homes and personal belongings for safety. For more information or questions, please contact Kelly Prindle at kprindle162@marian,edu.
Drop-off locations, include:
- 10th and Girls School: 7235 W 10th Street
- 16th and Meridian: 1530 N Meridian Street
- 38th and High School: 3269 W 38th Street
- 56th and Georgetown: 5580 Georgetown Road
- 86th and Ditch: 1330 W 86th Street
- 86th and Michigan: 3545 W 86th Street
- 86th and Westfield: 1505 E 86th Street
- Kentucky and Mann: 3455 Mann Road
- Kessler and 30th: 3003 N Kessler Boulevard
- Keystone and 52nd: 5199 N Keystone Avenue
- Keystone and 62nd: 6191 N Keystone Avenue
- Michigan and Kessler: 5675 N Michigan Road
- Raymond and State: 1650 E Raymond Street
- Rockville and Raceway: 9240 Rockville Road
- 1000 Sagamore Parkway
- 130 S Creasy Lane
- 1801 South Street
- 2800 US Hwy 231 S
- 106th and Michigan: 10595 N Michigan Road
- Terre Haute
- 1300 Wabash Avenue
- 2040 Lafayette Avenue
- 3603 S US 41