Despite the cold weather, construction of the Michael A. Evans Center for Health Sciences is moving right along. That is because the building is sealed from the elements and construction workers are busy working inside. According to Steve Hood, director of projects and procurement, here is a floor-by-floor description of what construction workers are doing:
Note that the offices of the College of Osteopathic Medicine will be in Building A, which faces Cold Spring Road. The offices of the School of Nursing are in Building B, which faces 30th Street.
- Building A, Third Floor – Ceiling tile is in, carpet is being installed, walls are painted, light fixtures are in, plumbing fixtures installation starts next week, and floor trim starts the week of February 25.
- Building B, Third Floor – Drywall finishing is in process, walls will be primed and painted starting next week, and light fixture installation begins next week.
- Building A, Second Floor – Ceiling grids are in, tiles are being installed, walls are painted, carpet installation begins week of February 25, and light fixtures are being installed.
- Building B, Second Floor – Drywall is hung and will begin finishing next week and ceiling grid installation will begin next week.
- Building A, First Floor – Terrazzo is being installed the week of February 25, walls continue to be finished, and common area light fixtures installation begins week of February 25.
- Lecture Halls – Sheet metal installation continues and drywall installation begins week of February 25.