Center for Community Learning
Marian University is deeply committed to increasing the educational achievement of children and teens. In addition, we are focused on providing professional development and continuing education opportunities for teachers.
- We partner with schools, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and others to deliver after-school and summer programs and activities that keep kids interested in learning when school is not in session.
- We're passionate about providing K-12 educators with programs that strengthen teaching and improve student learning outcomes, especially in areas like math, reading, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Marian University created the Center for Community Learning thanks to funding provided by The Indianapolis Foundation and the Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF).
- We partner with a variety of organizations to develop custom educational programming, with full support and training, to meet the unique needs of local students, schools, and communities.
Summer and after-school programs that build math and literacy skills in K-12 students is one of our core strengths. Our highly qualified faculty also collaborate with schools and school districts to deliver training for current teachers interested in updating, increasing, and refreshing their skills.
Our expert can design and develop programs or activities according to your area(s) of interest.
- We provide the staffing and expertise to deliver the activities.
- You supply the materials, supplies, and facilities.
When designing programs and materials, we utilize the latest developments in educational research, new best practices in instructional strategies, and practical, discovery-oriented curriculum grounded in proven educational methods.
Our programming is:
- Easy to replicate and reuse.
- Based on state and national educational standards.
- Designed to be implemented over three (3) 60- to 90-minute sessions.
- Inclusive of pre- and post-activity assessments to measure student learning and achievement.
In addition, we:
- Design and deliver workshops that qualitatively and quantitatively improve preparedness and increase effectiveness for experienced and pre-service teachers using the latest scientific, research-based methodologies.