Marian University officially welcomes new and returning students back to campus each year with a week of fun and entertaining activities. First Year and Transfer Students move-in day is Friday, August 21st and Returning Students move-in on Saturday, August 22nd. Please view the calendar for more details.
Friday, August 21
Dean’s Receptions, 2 p.m.
- Alan and Sue Leighton School of Nursing: Michael A. Evans Center for Health Sciences, School of Nursing Suite, room 350
- Clark H. Bryum School of Business: Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library
- School of Education and Exercise Science: Alumni Hall reception area
- School of Liberal Arts: Michael A. Evans Center for Health Sciences, second floor art gallery
- School of Mathematics and Sciences: Marian Hall, School of Mathematics and Sciences Suite
All students and their families are invited to join their faculty and academic deans for the opportunity to celebrate the start of the school year.
New Student Convocation, 3:30 p.m.
Marian University Theatre
Convocation is the formal celebration of the oath of matriculation for all new students. Families are invited to watch.
President’s Reception, 4:45 p.m.
Immediately following convocation, all students and their families will parade from the Marian University Theatre to the Mother Theresa Hacklemeier Memorial Library for the university time-honored tradition of signing the Matriculation Book.
Residence Hall and Floor Meetings, 7:30 p.m.
Meet your Resident Director, Resident Assistant, and other students living in your hall and on your floor. Get information on resources, policies, and other things you need to know while living on campus.
Playfair, 9-10:30 p.m.
Physical Education Center
Playfair is totally unlike anything else you have ever experienced. It’s fun! It’s entertainment! It’s the perfect way to meet new friends!