Saint Mary Academic Scholarship
Available to first-time freshmen entering in the fall of 2017.
The Saint Mary Academic Scholarship is Marian University’s most prestigious award and honors the university’s namesake, Mary, mother of Jesus. The Latin words Sedes Sapientiae (Seat of Wisdom), which appear in the university’s seal, refer to the wisdom from which all truth flows and which reaches its culmination in Christ, the Wisdom of God. They reflect Marian University’s dedication to excellent teaching and learning.
The half-tuition to full-tuition scholarships are available to entering first-time freshmen and National Merit Scholars and are renewable for up to seven consecutive semesters by enrolling full-time and maintaining a university GPA of 3.00 or higher.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the admissions process and have been admitted to Marian University no later than October 15, 2016
- Hold a minimum high school GPA of 3.75.
- Earn the minimum test score listed below on one of the following exams:
- 1200 (Critical Reading and Math portions) on the SAT - completed in February 2016 or prior.
- 1270 (Critical Reading and Math portions) on the New 2016 SAT - completed in March 2016 or later.
- 27 ACT composite.
- Demonstrate a record of leadership and community service.
- Commit to an educational experience framed within the context of Marian University’s Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship, informed by prayer.
Eligible candidates meeting the deadline will receive a formal invitation to compete. Candidates must participate in one of two scholarship competition days to be held on Saturday, November 12, 2016 and Saturday, November 19, 2016.
Students must register for the competition, using the link in the event invitation, by November 1, 2016.
Award notifications will be mailed two weeks after the last competition date. Candidates not selected for the Saint Mary Academic Scholarship will automatically become eligible for other scholarships and awards.
For more information, please contact the Office of Admission.