Saint Mary Academic Scholarship
The Saint Mary Academic Scholarship is Marian University’s most prestigious award and honors the university’s namesake, Mary, mother of Jesus. The Latin words Sedes Sapientiae (Seat of Wisdom), which appear in the university’s seal, refer to the wisdom from which all truth flows and which reaches its culmination in Christ, the Wisdom of God. They reflect Marian University’s dedication to excellent teaching and learning.
The award is a full-tuition scholarship available to six first-time freshmen and entering National Merit Scholars and is renewable for up to seven consecutive semesters by enrolling full-time and maintaining a university GPA of 3.00 or higher.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the admissions process and have been admitted to Marian University no later than December 1
- Hold a minimum high school GPA of 3.75.
- Earn minimum test scores of 1200 (Critical Reading and Math portions) on the SAT or 27 on the ACT.
- Demonstrate a record of leadership and community service.
- Commit to an educational experience framed within the context of Marian University’s Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship, informed by prayer.
Students must apply for the Saint Mary Academic Scholarship by December 30. To apply:
Award notifications will be mailed two weeks after the last competition date.. Candidates not selected for the Saint Mary Academic Scholarship will automatically become eligible for other scholarships and awards.
For more information, please contact the Office of Admission.