Welcome to Marian University's School of Education! Our mission is to prepare teachers who can transform the lives of their students, families, and the wider community embodied by the theme, Teacher as Model and Mentor: Ever Teaching, Ever Learning, Ever Changing.
The School of Education has a tradition of excellence in preparing future elementary, secondary, special education, physical education, English as a New Language and Catholic School educators as well as professionals in kinesiology, exercise and sports studies. Beginning in the fall of 2013, our teachers will be distinctively trained in exploring the neurodiversity of each student's emotional, social, and cognitive skills and challenges in partnership with Marian’s College of Osteopathic Medicine and other specialists in the field. Our education pre-service teachers are mentored and taught across all grade levels (K-12). We focus on a holistic approach to education centering on each Marian University student’s unique learning profile while integrating instruction with critical 21st century skills. Marian University students’ field experiences begin their first year and that they are placed in a variety of settings over four years, such as suburban, township, urban, private, public, charter, and faith- based schools. Marian University students also work with a wide variety of K-12 students from diverse backgrounds, including ethnicity, socioeconomic status, language, race, gender, ability, exceptionality, and religion.
Why Marian University's School of Education?
Tradition of Excellence
- Nationally recognized and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Nationally recognized by the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- Nationally recognized International Honor Society - Kappa Delta Pi
- Classroom experience in the first year with at least one practicum per semester
- Top faculty with local, state, national, and international experience, expertise, and recognition
- Exceptional career and graduate school placement
- Reciprocity of license with other states
- International education opportunities
- Neuroscience collaboration with Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine
Our approach to teacher education is transforming schools throughout Indiana and the country. If you are interested in becoming a transformational teacher leader, then Marian University is for you!