Marian University's Honors Academy is a distinguished living-learning community devoted to scholarly inquiry, discovery, and innovation in the arts and sciences.
Honors students in all majors live and learn together, completing honors-level general education and advanced interdisciplinary seminars taught by Honors Academy faculty fellows.
Why participate in the Honors Academy at Marian?
If you are accepted into our program, you will complete a range of activities that add breadth and a deeper level of learning to your student experience, no matter what bachelor's program, academic minor, concentration area, or pre-professional program you might choose.
- As an Honors Academy student, you will take advanced courses taught by expert faculty. You'll engage in original research—whether scientific or creative in nature—related to your career interests, working with Honors Academy faculty who instruct, guide, and encourage you every step of the way.
- You will complete a range of cornerstone-to-capstone activities, including a required Maymester study-abroad experience in Europe. You'll take field trips to unique cultural destinations and arts performances. You'll participate in mentoring sessions. You'll meet civic and business leaders, engage in local and global community service, and enjoy social activities with peers.
- In short, you will be surrounded with like-minded students who are on similar journeys. You'll find yourself challenged not just academically but to get involved and grow personally. We'll give you the confidence to find your voice, step up, and speak out through leadership opportunities.
- You'll be a member of Marian University's Honors Club with student officers and planning forums in which all students can express themselves and know their voices are heard. And, when you graduate, you'll be recognized for your achievement with an award of high distinction.
Eligibility and applying for admission
The Honors Academy accepts students out of high school who achieved an excellent GPA, superior SAT scores, and have shown overall excellence in advanced placement (AP) courses and community service. It is open to students in any major.
If you meet these minimum criteria, you are eligible to apply to the Honors Academy.
- Minimum 3.75 grade point average
- Minimum test scores: SAT 1270
Application due date
Submit your application before January 8, 2018.
You must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.30 and complete the required Honors Academy coursework.