Marian University is Making Miracles
Marian University is actively addressing challenges that profoundly affect our state and nation. This year, we celebrate important milestones in our commitment to health care in the state of Indiana and beyond.
Progress Toward Our Goal: An Update on the Make History Campaign
Phil Carson, a Marian University trustee and 1981 graduate, is a champion for a new building project on campus: The Blessed Mother Mary Shrine and Rosary Walk. In this issue of our campaign update, Carson talks about why he's so passionate about this project, which will bring our faith out into the light for everyone to see.
You Can Make History! Don't Pass Up this Opportunity
Since its founding, Marian University has periodically advanced a bold vision, each one making its mark on the university's history. From its roots as a teacher training school, to its move to the James A. Allison estate in Indianapolis in 1937, through expansion, co-education, and adult programs, Marian University has made distinctive contributions to the education of the whole person.
To ensure the university's capacity to respond to the challenges of today's workforce and global society, we created a strategic directional document. In 2005, the university's trustees approved a comprehensive plan to raise $68.2 million by 2012, our 75th anniversary in Indianapolis. The plan, Make History: Advance the Mission of Marian University, calls us to:
- elevate the university's academic statures to a superior level;
- create a more vibrant campus through expanded social, intellectual, cultural, and
- enrich the Catholic and Franciscan dimensions of the university; and
- provide the financial resources to advance the transformational mission of the university.
Trustees, alumni, donors, and friends responded with enthusiasm and in the fall of 2010, two years early, we achieved the initial goal. In the time since the initial goal was set, the needs on campus have grown and expanded to $210 million. We will continue our fundraising efforts until the needs are met.
We are committed to building a great Catholic university in central Indiana and intend to celebrate our progress on our 75th anniversary in October of 2012. Here are some ways you can help:
- pray for the success of this effort
- invest in Marian University with a three- to four-year pledge
- consider taking advantage of the dollar-for-dollar matching gift opportunity that is available for endowed and/or annual scholarship support
- consider taking advantage of the dollar-for-dollar matching gift opportunity that is available to help enhance and/or develop new campus facilities
- make a deferred gift
- invest in a recognition brick, pillar of support, or residence hall room
For more information contact:
Office of Institutional Advancement