Marian University seeks qualified candidates for Staff Psychologist, reporting to the Director of Counseling and Consultation Services. This individual is a member of the Counseling and Consultation Services team of psychologists, counselors, and trainees and provides a full range of generalist counseling services. In collaboration with this team, the Staff Psychologist directly contributes to student success by delivering integrated mental healthcare to Marian University graduate and undergraduate students. The services provided by the Staff Psychologist support the educational mission of Marian university by providing the highest quality of mental health services that assist students in reaching their personal, academic, and professional goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy counseling services to students specific to personal, academic, and career issues
- Participate in the provision of mental health triage services
- Provide crisis intervention services to students as needed
- Shares on–call responsibility with other counseling staff
- Provides consultation and resources to faculty and staff regarding student concerns
- Remains updated on research and best practices related to mental health topics and counseling in higher education
- Meets bi-weekly with Director of Counseling Services for clinical supervision
- Maintains confidentiality according to the professional ethical guidelines of the American Psychological Association
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation for all clinical interactions and consultations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Counseling Services
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Doctoral degree (PhD/PsyD) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology required.
- Licensed in the state of Indiana
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing direct clinical service.
- Demonstrated successful experience in provision of counseling services to an older adolescent and adult population is required.
- Strong case formulation, assessment and treatment skills, including the ability to understand transference and countertransference in working clinically with a diversity of clients, issues and levels of impairment.
- Knowledge of developmental trends and concerns of undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Ability to collaborate collegially with a multidisciplinary staff, both within Counseling and Consultation Services and throughout the university community.
- Demonstrated quantitative competence, able to participate in and evaluate research and carry out continuous quality improvement measures
- Dedication to protecting confidentiality and meeting all ethical standards associated with the practice of psychology within a university counseling center context including experience in management of client data and compliance with all HIPAA.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report’s list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine’s list of Top 10 schools in Indiana “For Your Money”. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. In 2012, Marian University’s football team captured the NAIA national championship in just its sixth year of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 27 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Required application materials include a current resume, a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, and the names and addresses of three current references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer