21st Century Scholar Full Tuition Scholarship
The Marian University 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship provides an incredible opportunity for 21st Century Scholars by ensuring a quality collegiate educational experience. Each year, funded through a combination of federal, state, and Marian University financial aid, up to 25 scholarships are offered to deserving incoming 21st Century Scholars.
Access the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholar Application online by clicking here.
- Applicants must complete the Admission Application and admitted to Marian University no later than January 4, 2016.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Marian University 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship application by January 4, 2016.
- Eligible candidates must participate in an individual interview with the director of the 21st Century Scholars Program and other committee members.
Scholarships are awarded by the selection committee based on the candidate’s record of achievement, potential contribution to Marian University, and potential to benefit from the program. These criteria are reflected in the candidate’s transcripts, academic scholarship application, references, and on-campus interview.
Award notifications will begin on Monday, February 22, 2016. Candidates not selected for a 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship will receive a financial aid package beginning in mid-March.
For freshman, the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship is renewable for seven consecutive semesters by:
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 15 deadline.
- Update or fix any errors to your FAFSA by the May10 deadline.
- Enroll as a full-time student each semester.
- Maintain Indiana residency.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the university.
- Students first entering college in the 2013-2014 academic year and those after will be required to meet certain completion requirements to renew state financial aid awards. Students receiving the 21st Century Scholars Award must complete at least 30 credit hours during their first year of college to remain eligible for the maximum financial aid award. A student who completes at least 24 credit hours during his first year will remain eligible for financial aid, but will receive an amount that is less than a student who completes 30 credit hours.
- Active participation in the Mentor to Success Program.
- Attend at least one Academic Success Seminar per semester.
- Attend at least one session of STARR per semester.
- Attend at least one social outing with the Office of 21st Century Scholars per semester.
For transfer students, the 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship is renewable, contingent on:
- Remaining in good academic and social standing.
- Enrolling as a full-time student each semester.
- Remaining Indiana state grant eligibility.