Business Leaders Scholarship
The Business Leaders Scholarship is a $4,000 per year, annually renewable scholarship for incoming freshman who pursue one of the five business majors offered in the Byrum School of Business. These include accounting, business analytics, finance, management, and marketing.
If you receive this scholarship, you will be a member of the school's Business Leaders Program as well as the Dean's Council for Business Leaders.
Incoming freshman who meet these criteria will be considered:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or the minimum test score on one of these exams:
- 1020 (critical reading and math portions) on the SAT completed in or prior to February 2016.
- 1100 (critical reading and math portions) on the new 2016 SAT completed in or after March 2016.
- 22 ACT composite.
- Possess strong leadership potential.
- Commit to serving as a highly engaged student in a hands-on, experiential business program.
If you meet the minimum criteria, you will be invited to participate in an interview and selection event. The day-long program includes learning more about the Byrum School of Business and its Business Leaders Scholarship, an interview with a small panel of faculty and current students, and an optional overnight stay on campus in one of our residence halls with a current scholarship recipient.
If you meet the minimum criteria, please register for the event by Thursday, November 9, 2017.
Interviews will be held Friday, November 17 and Friday, December 1. You must attend one of these interview days to be considered for the scholarship.
You must be admitted by Marian University no later than November 3, 2017 to be considered for the Business Leaders Scholarship, which is renewable for up to seven (7) semesters for full-time students who:
- Maintain a 3.00 college GPA.
- Continue as a student in the Byrum School of Business.
- Participate in the scholarship program's co-curricular activities, including the Dean's Council for Business Leaders.