Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
Students may be considered for transfer to Marian University if they meet the following criteria:
- The student must be in “good standing” at his or her current school.
- The student has completed 12 or more credit hours (at or above the 100 level) at his or her current school.
Please note that acceptance to Marian University does not guarantee acceptance into particular courses of study. Some programs, including nursing and education have additional admission requirements. Applicants who do not meet the criteria outlined above are still welcome to apply, but should provide explanations and information that may help to explain the situation and why the applicant feels he or she could excel at Marian University.
Marian University accepts transfer credits that meet the following standards:
- Courses offered by regionally accredited institutions.
- Courses at the 100 level or higher.
- Courses in which the student earned a grade of C- or higher.
Visit http://tes.collegesource.com to find out how courses will transfer to Marian University. Not all institutions and courses have been reviewed. The database is updated daily with new information. This information is a general guide and not a comprehensive list of all transferable courses. Information on this database is not considered official as it changes daily. A thorough, official, evaluation of coursework will be performed by the Registrar’s Office after a student is admitted to Marian University.
Find out more about the application process for transfer students.